Translate

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Sweet Summertime Card!


Hello and welcome on this lovely Tuesday! How are you doing? How are you filling your summer days? Are you crafting, or maybe gardening, enjoying the seaside, or possibly exploring far away places? We're blessed to live close to the beach, but we're looking forward to spending time cooling off in the mountains as well. With our son's move to Oklahoma quickly approaching we're trying to take advantage of every moment with him. 
  
Today I have the pleasure of presenting a project on the Maja Design Blog!  Maja Design's  Coffee in the Arbor paper collection inspires memories of childhood summers for me, complete with flowers, picket fences, and lemonade stands. I love recalling those carefree days and the idea of getting rich with a lemonade stand, the first form of entrepreneurship for me and my little sister. It involved setting a pretty table in the garden (that was half the fun!), making pitchers of fresh lemonade (with the help of my sweet mom), and selling it for about 10 cents a cup to anyone passing by. The riches we gathered were memories, and those memories are the sweetest treasure of all. 


Layers of design paper are distressed and double stitched to form the base, with bits of pretty lace stitched in as well. Circles are layered, cut in half, and staggered. The sentiment stamp is from my stamping cabinet, and seems perfect for this card.


The picket fence is from my stash. I'm so happy I rediscovered it amidst the many odds and ends that are patiently waiting to be used. You'll find a plethora of summer blooms and leaves climbing in and around the fence. A natural twine bow is added for a finishing touch. I love bows!




Thank you so much for joining! If you'd like to bring any of these papers home, just click here to search out a store near you. If you haven't heard the news on social media, Maja Design has released a new collection called Denim and Friends (I'm doing a happy dance here)! Don't forget to take a peek here for a first look at these fabulous papers. I send wishes for everything good and wonderful to come your way.
Hugs,
Nancy-sign


Maja Design Papers Used: Coffee-in-the-Arbour

Other Products Used: Paper Flowers, Twine, Wooden Fence, Lace, Red Lead Stamp, Archival Ink, Spellbinders Circle Dies, Foam Adhesive, Sewing Machine, Thread. 

Did you know Maja Design is on Social Media?

Pinterest: Did you know that Maja Design has a Pinterest Page? You can find it right here.
Facebook: You can follow us on Facebook right here and of course "LIKE" us.
Instagram: Maja also has an Instagram account – majadesigninsweden.
(Use the hashtag #majadesigninsweden or the tag @majadesigninsweden
with your Maja papers so we can find you.)

5 comments:

  1. A stunning card. I love the little fence.

    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, Nancy. Reminds me of walking into a garden. After tomorrow, my summer will be spent unemployed. The positive side is I'll have a bit more time for crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so beautiful Nancy! The lemon color really appeals to me this time of year and that fence - oh my that fence! Genius design! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, the blooms and the depth, let alone the fence, and they all work so well with the gorgeous papers, a wonderful mixed media card Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing card - I love the colours you have used - a perfect Summer card! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete